Welcome to the Northeastern Wayne School Corporation website!! “Where Excellence in Education is a Expectation.” Our corporation consists of approximately 1,250 students enrolled in Northeastern Elementary School for grades K-5, Northeastern Middle School for grades 6-8, and Northeastern High School for grades 9-12. We are very proud of our most recent accomplishments and successful programs that are listed below:
- Received an “A” rating at Northeastern Elementary School for two consecutive years.
- Instituted a 1-to-1 technology initiative with the implementation of iPads in grades 3-12 and are using classroom sets of iPads for each grade level in grades K-2.
- Applied and was selected for two consecutive years, from a very competitive field of schools, the Classroom Innovation Grant offered by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Support excellent Band and Choir programs from grades 5-12.
- Offer a very competitive athletic program that constitutes 14 different varsity sports, 10 middle school sports, and several athletic opportunities at our elementary school.
- Provide successful academic competition teams at both the elementary and secondary levels.
- Organize numerous community-service projects that yield a positive impact upon our patrons.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and nurturing learning environment with highly qualified and exceptional teachers who promote a Kids’ First attitude and approach.
Our high standard of performance is also verified by the fact that approximately 74 percent of the graduating seniors have been accepted to college. In addition, we have a 90.5% graduation rate, approximately 41% of our seniors achieve an academic honors diploma, and approximately 84% of our seniors achieve a Core 40 diploma. At our elementary school, we boast an attendance rate over 96.5%, 92% of our third graders passed the Spring 2012 IREAD-3 exam, over 85% of our K-2 students read at or above grade level, 84% of our students in grades 3-6 have passed the Math section of the ISTEP+, a significant increase has occurred in students receiving a Pass+ on the Language Arts and Math sections of the ISTEP+, and parent volunteerism and involvement is very strong. We are definitely proud of our most recent accomplishments, but our faculty is still striving to become an even better school system that desires to prepare our students to be successful in a competitive, global society.
We, as public school educators, are in the business of instruction with our passion and energy directed towards student learning. We will strive to serve our school leaders, teachers, students, families, and community patrons, as we will continue to work at becoming one of the best school systems in the state of Indiana!!
Please browse our recently updated website so you can retrieve any necessary information and learn more about the great events that are happening within the Northeastern Wayne School Corporation. If you have any questions, please call me at 765-847-2821.
Northeastern Wayne Schools Superintendent
Northeastern Wayne Alternative Program
The mission statement for Northeastern High School is that “student achievement is the driving force behind all our decisions”. The Northeastern Wayne Alternative Program is being established as a result of that mission. In doing this, we will:
- Provide a safe, flexible, and student-centered learning environment that allows students to earn high school credits and pass middle school classes.
Student eligibility will be based on the following:
- Need for credit recovery
- Academic problems or underachievement
- Dropout or potential dropout status
- Absenteeism or truancy
- Disruption of the traditional school setting
NES and Family FitnessWorks partner to provide a U-FIT Academy to our after-school student program.