Veterans have done so much for our country, and they should to be treated with great respect and gratitude for what they have done. Sometimes people don’t always understand what veterans have done for us and our country. Veterans have risked their lives for our freedom, and fought in our wars. If it wasn’t for veterans we wouldn’t be here today.
To serve in the military means giving up a lot of time with your family. You will probably end up missing holidays and celebrating them with your family. Most veterans miss their child being born and watching them grow up! A lot of veterans left to join the military right after high school and that means they gave up some of their youth to fight in wars. Once the veterans left for the military they basically gave up who they were and didn’t come back the same person.
Veterans gave up dreams and careers to go fight in our wars. For example if someone was so close, and undoubtedly going to have a career as a professional soccer player but then decided to go serve in the military. They would be giving up on their careers and dreams which takes a lot of courage and determination. We should thank veteran’s for that.
Veterans have experienced lots of pain physically, and emotionally. They’ve had friends die right in front of them and couldn’t do anything about, or have been badly injured from fighting. When you’re in the military’s like you’re getting damaged and broken. As a result in the end you get built back again and are even stronger physically, and emotionally.
Veterans who have served in the military are proud of it and they should be. Veterans have said that they are glad that they served, and don’t regret a single thing about it. Veterans have fought for us, died for us, and gave us our freedom. We owe all our thanks to veterans and they should be treated with great respect and gratitude for what they have done. Thank you veterans.
On July 21, 2020 the School Board, under the direction of the Superintendent, along with Guidance from the Indiana State Department of Education, Indiana State Department of Health and the Wayne County Board of Health approved the 2020-2021 Reopening Plan for the District.
- Received an “A” rating at Northeastern Elementary School for two consecutive years.
- Instituted a 1-to-1 technology initiative with the implementation of iPads in grades 3-12 and are using classroom sets of iPads for each grade level in grades K-2.
- Applied and was selected for two consecutive years, from a very competitive field of schools, the Classroom Innovation Grant offered by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Support excellent Band and Choir programs from grades 5-12.
- Offer a very competitive athletic program that constitutes 14 different varsity sports, 10 middle school sports, and several athletic opportunities at our elementary school.
- Provide successful academic competition teams at both the elementary and secondary levels.
- Organize numerous community-service projects that yield a positive impact upon our patrons.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and nurturing learning environment with highly qualified and exceptional teachers who promote a Kids’ First attitude and approach.
Our high standard of performance is also verified by the fact that approximately 74 percent of the graduating seniors have been accepted to college. In addition, we have a 90.5% graduation rate, approximately 41% of our seniors achieve an academic honors diploma, and approximately 84% of our seniors achieve a Core 40 diploma. At our elementary school, we boast an attendance rate over 96.5%, 92% of our third graders passed the Spring 2012 IREAD-3 exam, over 85% of our K-2 students read at or above grade level, 84% of our students in grades 3-6 have passed the Math section of the ISTEP+, a significant increase has occurred in students receiving a Pass+ on the Language Arts and Math sections of the ISTEP+, and parent volunteerism and involvement is very strong. We are definitely proud of our most recent accomplishments, but our faculty is still striving to become an even better school system that desires to prepare our students to be successful in a competitive, global society.
We, as public school educators, are in the business of instruction with our passion and energy directed towards student learning. We will strive to serve our school leaders, teachers, students, families, and community patrons, as we will continue to work at becoming one of the best school systems in the state of Indiana!!
Please browse our recently updated website so you can retrieve any necessary information and learn more about the great events that are happening within the Northeastern Wayne School Corporation. If you have any questions, please call me at 765-847-2821.
Dr. Matthew Hicks
Northeastern Wayne Schools Superintendent